भिन्नेक तुंग्गल इक
मूल कावीसंपादित करें
This quotation comes from canto 139, stanza 5. The full stanza reads as follows:
- Rwâneka dhâtu winuwus Buddha Wiswa,
- Bhinnêki rakwa ring apan kena parwanosen,
- Mangka ng Jinatwa kalawan Siwatatwa tunggal,
- Bhinnêka tunggal ika tan hana dharma mangrwa.
- It is said that the well-known Buddha and Shiva are two different substances.
- They are indeed different, yet how is it possible to recognise their difference in a glance,
- since the truth of Jina (बुद्ध) and the truth of शिव is one.
- They are indeed different, but they are of the same kind, as there is no duality in Truth.
This translation is based, with minor adaptations, on the critical text edition by Dr. Soewito Santoso.
- Santoso, Soewito Sutasoma, a Study in Old Javanese Wajrayana 1975:578. New Delhi: International Academy of Indian Culture.